Thursday, May 12, 2011

12 Weeks!!!!!

We've made it to 12 weeks!  This is such an exciting day :)  This was the day we decided we would put our worries aside and start actually planning for babies rather than just pregnancy.  We couldn't really wait until today, we've been planning quite a bit.  But now, if I start to feel better, I could maybe buy a couple of things for the little ones :)

I'm still pretty much bed ridden.  Yesterday was a bad day...hopefully the peak of it??  I got a new IV yesterday because the one I got this weekend was starting to burn too bad when I would flush it or infuse.  I was feeling pretty bad when I had to sit up to get the IV, and then afterward I just went downhill.  Awful headache, really bad nausea...but I got through it.  Then last night after my five hours of infusion, for some reason the IV line clotted and I had to take it out.  So the nurse will be back again today to put a new line in.  I'm running out of veins here! haha  BUT, this meant that I actually had a night and morning without an IV in my arm, so I took advantage and took a full shower this morning, with both hands!  It was lovely.

We have another appointment on Thursday of next week.  We did our NT scan last Friday and it went perfectly!  We got to take a good long look at both luckies and they look so great...so cute!  It was 11w1d and both had nasal bones present.  The nuchal folds measured 1.2mm and less, can't quite remember the other one.  Then we got a call a couple days ago after my blood work came back.  They said with my age alone the risk of downs and other genetic disorders they test for at this point was about 1 in 700ish.  With the results of the scan and blood test, it's 1 in 10,000 on each baby (which they can't decipher through the blood, but the scans showed good results on each).  So that was a great phone call!  Mainly it was just great to see the little ones so up close and personal.  We got to look at a little hand- all five fingers :)  Baby B is measuring quite a bit bigger than A, but A is right on track.  So baby B is our big bubba!  Love it!  I can't wait for next week to see how they're growing.

Dr. F has prescribed another two weeks of fluids because I've lost more weight.  But I'm eating a bit more now a days.  At least trying to.  I eat some pot roast every once in a while to get protein (I know, pot roast?).  But the little ones just gobble it all up, leaving me still feeling pretty weak and underweight.  Oh well- have at it little ones!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.  I know I don't update much, but hopefully hitting the 12 week mark means that I'll be on the up and up soon so I can get back to the real world. 

4 comments:

  1. Well doen for making it to 12 weeks!!
    I am sorry you are still feeling rough.
    I really hope it passes soon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for your sake, I hope that passing into the next trimester means giving your body a little break. The 2nd trimester is supposed to be the most fun and I hope you get a chance to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew, I can't believe how bad your m/s has been. I puke 3-5x/day, but nothing so bad that it required IVs. I'm hoping you start feeling GREAT soon and get to truly enjoy this next trimester with your little ones!

    ReplyDelete