Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Beginning of "Us"

I can't believe just a day ago, it was B and I- just us two. 

Welcome to the world Caleb Michael and Grace Irene!

Grace was born at 2:56am on 10/22/11, Caleb was born at 2:57am.  Both of our babies were pulled out feet first!!! Grace, our "little" lady- turned out to (of course) be the chunk of the two!!! She weighed in at 6lbs 1oz.  Out "Big Bubba", Mr. Caleb, weighed in at 5lbs 7oz! She was 18 3/4" long, he was 18 1/2".  It's like the last three weeks she's been stealing all of the food!  C'mon Caleb, don't be a push over. ;)

We're doing well in the hospital- got a corner room so there's lots more space, thank God!  These babies need a LOT of time, attention, and stuff! :)

I'm doing well- the c-section went very smoothly, my doctor is super quick. B got video of the whole thing which turned out to be amazing and I'm so glad he did it! I didn't get to see the babies for about 15 minutes while they did their tests, but B was taking all kinds of video and pictures of them during that time- and he came over to show me a couple of times.  I'll write up a full birth story soon!

We've taken a ton of pictures and I can't wait until I can upload them to show you!  These two look nothing alike- her head is so much bigger than his- and she's got the cutest double chin.  Little Caleb is so much skinnier than our Gracie Mae! Not what I thought it would be- it's perfection.  They're perfection!

More when we get home on Wednesday.  And pictures!!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats congrats congrats!!!!!! I couldn't be more happy for you! So glad things went so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your story and just wanted to send a quick note of congrats to you and your new family! SO happy for you guys! All the best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh!!!! Such wonderful news - and BIG healthy babies! That is AWESOME!! Cannot wait for pics and more stories! Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how wonderful! You are so good to us to update!! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Beautiful names,too! Can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! So pleased you are all doing well. What amazing weights!! Cant wait for pictures!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Mom!! Welcome to the world Caleb and Grace! So excited to see pictures! I am SO SO happy for you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very glad to hear your news... been thinking of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! A couple of months ago I stumbled upon your blog and it has been a blessing for me as my husband and I went through our own IVF experience and then 10 weeks ago came to find out we were expecting twins! I feel like I have been following in your footsteps with some things and it has been a comfort to read your experiences and knowing I can make it though this too! I am so happy for your two beautiful little ones. Thank you so much for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!! Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you! I can't wait for pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very excited for you! what great news...LOVE their names too, looking forward to hearing more! love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you both! And good job mom for growing such big and healthy twins! My husband is a twin and he and his sister both came out under 5 lbs so way to go!!!
    Enjoy these first precious moments with them and good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete